Monday, October 18, 2010

Baltimore Half

Well, Saturday was beautiful weather for a race. High of 66, perfect for a few hours on the course. As usually Baltimore impressed - or freaked me out depending on where I was - with its hills. Per Doc's orders, yes, I am actually listening (mostly, lol), I walked the entire course with the exception of the very beginning and a few downhills that I couldn't contain myself on, finishing in 3:28. I was happy to keep under the 3:30 mark with all that walking and it keeps me hopeful that walking the Myrtle Beach Half next weekend won't be do bad since it is all flat. Mustapha had a great run, finishing in 2:12, not a PR for him, but great considering the hills. Both of us felt pretty beat up on Sunday, which was a complete shock, I think we both said we felt like we did a full instead of a half. I can't remember the last time my legs felt like this, even stranger is the fact that they hurt this much from walking, lol!

I promise to take it easy for the next couple of days, which will be super easy since UPS says that my delivery from Stampin' Up is on my porch. I will run home at lunch to stick it inside since we are supposed to get rain this afternoon and then I will through the fixings for chili in the crockpot so that dinner will be very easy, and this way I can spend more time playing with my new stuff. 
Peace and Pixie Dust!

No comments: